My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it would be nice if we coulnd add a "Detailing and Cleaning section to the forum. What's everyones opinion? We could talk about all our tips and tricks to keeping the Compass clean looking sharp.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Interesting idea, I'm all for a clean, well detailed vehicle, once the mud comes off of course, lol, but it would be cool to see what products people are using and review them and such. We have a topic like this on another forum I'm on and you really do get some good reviews and advice. :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well personally, I treat my jeep like what it is. A jeep. I keep the garbage and dirt out of it as best I can, wash the outside every couple of months, and sweep it out every month or so lol. Now, If i drove a Porche... lol

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Haha LB, people like to kid me about that with my truck, c'mon, it's a truck they say! Don't get me wrong, I DO use my truck, and we get plenty dirty, but nice to clean up once in awhile. It's therapy IMO to detail my vehicle, lol! :)

- Cherokee

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Being a detail freak since I was a teenager, I would like to see this section added. I have used a number of waxes and other car products since 1960 and could tell some stories. Plus I am open to what's new out there to put the "JEEPER'S" in our Jeeps!:eek: PS. I didn't get my Compass to roll around in the dirt, she's garage kept with heat and A/C no less! She's so thankful for not having to sit under the ultraviolet!:D

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Wow Skyeye, your Compass is spoiled haha, but that's cool, how it should be. No heated garage for me :( but carport shelter keeps most everything off. :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
381 Posts
Carport? You truely are living in the lap of luxury. I have an open sky parking lot which is full with about 2 feet of snow right now. I watched the sidewalk guys snowblow onto the cars the other day. He's lucky I was inside and too far away.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah, mine sits outside 24/7, so I'd like to know what keeps the paint protected from salt, grime, etc.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yeah, mine sits outside 24/7, so I'd like to know what keeps the paint protected from salt, grime, etc.
Many of us use "wax".
Some use a clear coating.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Modern car waxes are a study in chemistry! Most of them are all hype though. The best car wax I ever used was "Groves Granitize". This paste was loaded with carnauba and took a gorrilla to rub off once dried. They told you to moisten the rag for easy wiping. They lied! :mad: But it was the longest lasting wax (beading) that I have ever used.;)
http://www.granitize.com/index.php?pageId=297

Oh, waitaminute! I should have saved that for the new "Detail It" thread section!:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Many of us use "wax".
Some use a clear coating.
LOL! I deserved that! Long after I posted, I knew the vultures would swoop down and pick my very bones! :D Good one, i2.

Thanks for the link skyeye, I'll check it out.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I like the idea. Yeah, they're Jeeps, but in Michigan you need to do something to keep the rust monsters at bay. And since we have two Compasses, I'm willing to bet my wife's will be an on-road commuter that she'll want me to keep looking showroom new. (Although I'll admit, mine looks awesome all cleaned up. Lol)
We haven't had ours for a week yet and I've already bought $50 worth of cleaning and detailing stuff for them. Just waiting for spring to show up in Michigan, then I'll be spending a whole weekend protecting every square inch of both Jeeps.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah, I just bought about $70 worth of car care products last week, used most of them over the weekend. I'm nearly a professional detailer now! Well, at least I've got two shiny Jeeps!!
Now that they're for the most part good, time to clean up my 47 year old truck so it can come out of winter hibernation. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.