My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm in Toronto, and just acquired a 2009 Jeep Compass Ltd after having a 2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo. Prior to that I owned a beat up 1992 YJ that was so much fun in the snow I used to pray for it. Many years ago I decided I would only get vehicles with AWD, so the Compass qualifies.

That Grand Cherokee was the most reliable vehicle I have ever had, and I'm pretty hard on my cars (also TO roads are as well). The worst issue it gave me was the transfer case stopped giving me a reverse gear, but I could still drive it home to my garage. Found a used transfer case from a different year and replaced it -- good to go. Even when the brake line feeding the rear discs corroded and leaked, the front brakes kept working and allowed me to nurse it back into the garage. The stupidest thing that needed replacement was both front door window assemblies broke a cheap plastic piece and the windows dropped down. Still drove though. If it wasn't for the 4 litre engine costing me so much in gas I would likely have held on to it until something major failed.

So now I have a 2.4 litre 4 cylinder engine attached to a CVT and I'm really hoping for savings. We shall see how that plays out. I'm currently not enjoying having less power and am consequently running the engine up to 4k rpm just to get a pretty feeble amount of acceleration. By all accounts, however, the engine appears to be very reliable and problem free so cheers to that.

If anyone has a service manual they'd be willing to share I'd be much obliged. Whenever possible I work on my cars myself, and absolutely need one for my grand plan to yank the Uconnect-less radio and install some sort of touchscreen computer with backup cam, dash cam, OBD2, kitchen sink, etc. We'll see if I can find the time, of course.

Very disappointed that Haynes don't have a Compass manual to offer, as well as that all the manuals are apparently digital now. I guess I'm getting my computer or tablet greasy when I do acquire one.

So nice to meet you guys and gals, I'll be lurking as I am shy.

:plain:

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome aboard! 2017 w/manual here. Let's you have more control of your RPM's. I don't have a manual, but I'll see if I might be able to scrounge one up! No need to "lurk" or be shy!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello, welcome to the forum. I believe if you visit the Jeep website, or mopar.com you can find a manual you can download or view there. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
87 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts