My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm register on this forum until 2010 to get some basics information when my mom bought a brand new Jeep Compass!

But I finally bought back her 2010 Jeep Compass North 4X4 CVT a few weeks ago. After 32 month of ownership she decided to make the move to a brand new 2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE! In fact I can't blame her honestly because the Toyota is way more reliable and fuel economic than the Jeep. My dad's passed away two years ago so I take care of getting her Jeep fixed at the dealership when necessary and honestly I had to bright it back few times for some moderately serious issues like :

- Leaking front axle gaskets BOTH sides (two different visits)
- Loose ball-joint replaced
- Suspension rattle (few loose component replaced)
- Severe driver's door rattle (loose lock latch)
- Passenger power window issue (stop working)
- and few other minor issues...

But for the moment everything seem to work fine except I feel like a little "play" in the steering wheel (like a loose in the connections between steering and wheels) and I don't think it's normal. Otherwise the Jeep is mint, it was red and there's almost not a scratch on it!

But for the price I pay for (consider it's almost a gift) I can't refuse, no matter of the actual reliability because I really want a 4x4! But maybe in a few month I'll have the JEEP logo tattooed on my heart! Who knows...

Otherwise in the everyday life I live in Quebec, I'm 31, have 2 children (5 & 2yo) & a wife (haha) and I'm an IT manager for a large company! I also have a pretty good skill in mechanics so I'm doing all my maintenance and basic repairs myself. Because of my job and studies I also have a pretty high skill in mobile audio, remote start, alarm, etc. I've done several small to large mobile audio installation for friends and coworkers, I also do home theaters installation, satellite TV, etc.

So that's it! Have a good day and nice to meet you guys (and girlz, LOL)! :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, peoples here don't seem very chatty? :rotfl:
They're not!!! I'm on the JeepPatriot.com forum as well and there is twice (make that three times) as much activity on their forum vs. the MyJeepCompass forum. Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying! :)

I'm gonna consider to register to JeepPatriot.Com too... anyway Compass and Patriot share like 99% of components except for body parts! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts