My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys as this is the first Jeep we've owned I've got no knowledge of how good the anti corrosion. Can I ask whether anyone think it worth getting additional underbody sealant treatment? :???:

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I don't have too much experience with driving on snow/salted roads, but 3M makes a good rustproofer/underbody protectant. I have even seen some people do a spray on type like RhinoLiner or Line-X, particularly on the rocker panels to keep it from rusting, but in all honesty, if you just spray it off regularly and don't allow the chemicals from treated roads to settle on the vehicle, you should be just fine.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
656 Posts
Depends on how long you see yourself keeping the car, as well if you own it or lease it.
Lease cars - that will be turned back to the leasing company, well, who cares?
Myself. I like to think I am going to get at least 10yrs use from the car I own.
As well our roads hare heavily treated with road salts in the winter.
For me it makes sense to rust proof, I have the car resprayed each year, on top of the dealers rustproofing treatments.

·
Registered
169 Posts
If your in an area that gets heavily salted, I would definitely recommend it. A lot of my family lives in ohio and gets the massive lake effect snow, and their cars are rust buckets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts