My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a antifreeze smell after shutting hot engine off ? Popped hood to see what type of oil it takes and the smell was there, coolant level was a bit low but not much, engine temps normal, it has 13 K miles on it, will keep a close eye on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes. Mine too. A lot of smell on warm days. coolant level was perfect, right on the line. there are no losses. Has 6k miles

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2018 Compass Latitude - same thing. When I park, especially inside my garage, I can smell coolant but have not detected any leaks or low coolant level.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone found the issue here. I just bought an 18 Latitude, 35k miles. And I'm getting the same antifreeze smell🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody have a antifreeze smell after shutting hot engine off ? Popped hood to see what type of oil it takes and the smell was there, coolant level was a bit low but not much, engine temps normal, it has 13 K miles on it, will keep a close eye on it.
Same thing happened with me, similar mileage. I am going to throw some UV dye in there and see what happens.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It seems like no update on the issue. I've noticed this every now and then as well. Mostly when I park in the garage. I popped the hood and looked around, didn't see anything. I'm around 4k miles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
nmarketti - Same smell when I park my 2018 Compass in the garage. No coolant/antifreeze leaks and level is fine. I assume "just letting out some gas" from the coolant recovery cap. One of those Jeep things!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts