My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new to the forum, first post.
I had about a month long debate on which to buy: caliber or compass. Since I'm outside most of the (mostly) bareable camping season I went with the compass. I've had Mr. Chocolate for about 24hrs now and just wanted to know if anybody else uses theirs for camping. I was kinda iffy about how shallow the trunk space is. Anybody got a "camping review"?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not yet with the Compass, but looking forward to it soon, another month here in central MA. I camped with my Matrix, so no worries about the Compass. I'm more worried about the weather....not looking good! I'm hoping to get the tents set up in the next couple of weeks. We have a Nor'Easter coming in tomorrow, please no sno*!

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I was looking at the tents when I was shopping around for extras to pick up. I'm not sure where you guys are, but a lot of the camping I do is in bear areas. I'm VERY careful about making sure all of my stuff is either locked up away from my tent, or tied up in a tree somewhere a ways off. The idea of having my cooler full of bear goodies connected to my tent makes me really nervous. I had visions of me trying to scramble in through the back and driving away crying with my tent trailing behind....

I think I'm going to manage to get some outdoor time in about a month or so, I'll let you guys know how much gear I managed to cram into Mr. Chocolate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts