My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And if so what do you ride?

I have a 2004 Yahama V-Star 650 Silverado.

I admit I have not been riding as much as of late, I have that baby to take care of and it's out right crazy riding in Dallas.

I was riding it to work a lot, but now mostly I am a weekend warror.

But I still love it :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
I used to ride, but I dumped it in the sand a few years back (end of the winter road sand) and I haven't got back on (yet). I rode a 1983 Honda Nighthawk 650. My husband rides. He just traded in his 2000 Suzuki Intruder for a brand new 2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50T loaded. Finally it's getting warm enough to ride around here (Central MA), but the roads are soaked with melting snow and full of sand.
I love the V-Stars, very classy look. I heard Dallas was nuts for traffic. We're pretty lucky to have a lot of country and back roads to enjoy. I do not like riding on the highway at all, it's so dangerous.
Be Safe!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Not me, personally, but my partner has an '02 Honda 919 CB 900F, that she drives daily, rain or shine, warm or cold. She absolutely loves it, and we, too, have a lot of scenic back country roads down here in Cajun country. Not only that, but most people here do ride, Poker runs and the like. Pretty fun sometimes.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cherokee said:
have a lot of scenic back country roads down here in Cajun country.

Sounds very nice, heck it takes a good few hours to get away from the city around here :-(

But if I did have some nice scenic roads to ride I know I would be out there more often!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Yeah, I have an Aunt who lives in Ft. Worth, and is sooooooooo ready to move it isn't funny. She loves the place and all, but traffic is a nightmare. Is it really as poorly designed as she complains about? Never been there, myself, but with the new car and all, was thinking about making the trip for the weekend.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it is.

The Only city I have driven thats worse is LA, and I didn't think it was that much worse than Dallas.
It can take an hour to go 10 miles if you get caught in traffic.

But let me know if you come this way, you have to pass Dallas to get to Ft Worth, we could have the first offical Compass meeting :D :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I sold my Suzuki DL650 to pay for EMT school last year. I am now looking at the Suzuki Bandit 1200 or maybe the Yamaha FZ1.
All you Rush fans check out their site and listen to the new track.
They will be here in Denver in August!!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Sounds good, flybynight. I will have to let you know, and my partner is just begging for a road trip. Perhaps sometime in July is what we are thinking. I am from Texas originally, thought about moving back a few years ago, but I am already too far away from family where I am, so most likely Florida. Anyway, if you do get out, just be careful. Might wanna just take the Jeep, lol!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any motorcyclist here

very quiet for being metal.. i like to watch skateboarding a lot, like rodney mullen..i play videogames a lot but its not really a passion, my girlfriend is a whole lot of passion, and i like psichology a lot...i also love all the arts, mostly...

·
Registered
222 Posts
oh is this the group buy for those compass comforters? if so ill take one :cool:

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Watchmaker............do you in anyway own or in the process of owning a Jeep Compass ???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts