My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a high speed (3-4 per second) ticking sound coming from the underside of the Compass after I've idled into the garageand shut the engine off. It's been under 30deg since we bought the Compass, so this may be just a cold weather sound.

It's not the normal asynchronous contraction noises of engine components I'm used to. It sounds like something in the CVT is still spining (regular, yet slowly decreasing rpm). I haven't sat & waited until it stops, but remains after a few minutes of emptying groceries.

Anyone else's Compass make this sound?

·
Registered
53 Posts
havent heard it on my compass, but the subaru i traded in on it used to tick after the car was turned off and in the garage, it was the catalytic converter

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had this noise on my previous 2 cars (Chevrolet Venture and Toyota Corolla), both were because of the catalytic converter cooling down and it is normal.

RedVortex

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Catalytic Converter? My last three vehicles didn't do that so I never would have thought of it. Well okay then. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Thanks

DetroitD said:
Catalytic Converter? My last three vehicles didn't do that so I never would have thought of it. Well okay then. Thanks!
Maybe the same as the Caliber, its the resonator and pipe.Very well discussed and documented. Factory TSB on it. Tinking sound???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts