My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have on gravel but not on pavement. It's hard on the esp on the 4 wheel drive when it locks up. I have done donuts and a little drifting to see where my slip points are.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I managed to do it on dry pavement once. I even have the CVT. I did it from a stop and putit into first using the slap stick and managed to get a decent squeel out of the front tires before shooting off. And yeah, the electronic stability stuff was all off. I'd just gotten back onto the pavement.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have gone into a big paddock and done a couple of sharp turns and kicked out the back but i just want to know wat it takes to spin the tires on pavement

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's probably because the CVT is going from a very low ratio when you are spinning to a higher ratio than needed to keep from spinning. When you are out of your spin you are stuck in a ratio that is to high for the car to have enough power to move until the CVT moves back to a lower ratio. That is why I stick with a good old 5 speed. you know what gear you are in at all times and what kind of throttle and power is needed to move at what speed. In plus they are way more enjoyable and give you way more acceleration than any automatic ever will.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts