My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m just about to buy a 2018 Compass and I have a question that I just can’t seem to get a straight answer to. The model I’m looking at has the 8.4 Uconnect screen.

Here’s what I can’t seem to find out. Is there a USB port inside the armrest? I know there is the port right under the radio, and I know about the port for the back seat. But is the a port inside the arm rest that lifts up? If there is, can this port be used for Apple CarPlay, or does a CarPlay connection have to be made using the port right under the radio?

Thanks for any help. I wish I had come to you experts first!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I haven't seen one with the port in the armrest, but I do remember hearing something about it. I think it was only for Renegades though. As for the CarPlay connection- both USB ports should be connected to the headunit, so either the front or back should work. If you do manage to find one with a USB in the armrest, it SHOULD be wired in to the headunit as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't seen one with the port in the armrest, but I do remember hearing something about it. I think it was only for Renegades though. As for the CarPlay connection- both USB ports should be connected to the headunit, so either the front or back should work. If you do manage to find one with a USB in the armrest, it SHOULD be wired in to the headunit as well.
Thank you!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don't have one in the armrest of my 2017 Trailhawk. I already was looking for it.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's really too bad. I really want to find a way to hide my phone in the armrest and still have it connected for CarPlay. Oh well, guess you can't have everything.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Our 2019 Compass Sport does not have a USB in the center arm rest. However, the arm rest console top has an indentation on both sides for cables that allow you to plug into the rear USB and put the phone in the console.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2018 Latitude does not have a USB jack in the console, and in my car, only the rear USB works for CarPlay. The indentation in the armrest works great to keep the cord (and phone) out of sight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello I have and live the 18 compass latitude the USB is built into the back of armrest for rear seat passengers it's next to the 115 v inverter which you can use to plug a laptop or small vacuum or whaterve small home type device you will love be the ride minimal body roll excellent body to chasis molded non bushing mounted very cool enjoy you're new ride

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m just about to buy a 2018 Compass and I have a question that I just can’t seem to get a straight answer to. The model I’m looking at has the 8.4 Uconnect screen.

Here’s what I can’t seem to find out. Is there a USB port inside the armrest? I know there is the port right under the radio, and I know about the port for the back seat. But is the a port inside the arm rest that lifts up? If there is, can this port be used for Apple CarPlay, or does a CarPlay connection have to be made using the port right under the radio?

Those manufacture for India and Europe did in 2018 but the ones manufactured in Mexico don't. You'll notice as an example in how options are different, India/Europe manufactured 2019 Compass has a cargo cover and USA version does not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh well. Minor disappointment that there is not a USB port inside the armrest itself, but otherwise this car looks great. Pulled the trigger on it today; hope to have it by the weekend.

26 Posts

I have a 2018 Compass Trailhawk.. There is no port or USB.. inside the arm rest or give box..Otherwise great car...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2018 Compass Trailhawk.. There is no port or USB.. inside the arm rest or give box..Otherwise great car...
I had my 2018 Jeep Compass Limited 18 months and one day my car did not start nor could it be jumped. The guy trying to jump the car held the keyfob next to the ignition and started pushing buttons and it started. No problem with it going to work When I tried to go to lunch the car started but ran rough and would not go more than 5 mph. I called my dealer, they came and picked it up. They replaced the main battery, auxiliary battery and battery sensor. The car runs ok now, even the automatic engine off when I stop works now but the phone gets hot while connected. That's really been my only issue so far with the car, I like it otherwise.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts