My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I need some help about the authentic Mopar trailer hitch receiver for Jeep Compass 2021.
I’m from Brazil, and I’m interested about this accessory, but here there is no official dealer. I found just one seller, in other state, that imported the model for Trailhawk version. The problem is that my car is a not a Trailhawk, he is a Compass S 4x4 Diesel.

So I looked in the internet the model for No-Trailhawk, and I didn't understand the physical difference between these two models. Now I’m looking for the answer about these three questions below.
1) The difference is it just the space for the red anchor hook?
2) Are all other measures the same?
3) Can I fit this Trailhawk part on my car?

So sorry about my poor english and I if someone can help me, I will be grateful.
Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
My understanding is that the difference between the trailhawk and other models are the bumpers. The vehicles are on the same frame, but the trailhawk has a shorter bumper so that it gives the vehicle a little extra "ground clearance". So I believe the part should work on your model, but I am guessing you will need to remove and/or modify the bumper to fit the hitch. I believe they sell a bumper with the hitch cutout already made. Sounds like an interesting project! you will also want to consider how you are going to install the wiring harness for your trailer....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts