My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Auto start/stop battery

21K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  theodorevogel97 
#1 ·
New 2019 jeep
Compass and auxiliary batter has already been replaced ( purchased in aug 2019 with 11 miles) so now auto start/stop reading in dash not ready battery charging, dealer told me that it has to be charged
At 70% before it will work ! Hummm well if a new
Battery was installed shouldn’t it be fully charged. ?! I have been driving it since 12/23 with this new battery and still not charged . I seem to think that they are feeding me a
Line of BS , so any input would be great

#2 ·
There is a module (believe its called the integrated battery sensor, or IBS) that is responsible for charging the aux battery. If that module is failing then the battery itself would not be the issue. They should have already done diagnostics on that part but either way, if its not working they are obligated to fix it.

Gathering documentation and proof and showing it right under their noses is the only way I get anything to get done at my dealer.

#4 ·
I called back to the dealership and spoke to someone else in service department and he said there is definitely something major going on, so it will go back to the shop once again for this issue. Kinda thinking
Lemon law maybe my future

#5 ·
Hi Alisha,
We're sorry to hear about your experience. Please feel free to reach out to us via PM if additional assistance is needed while working with your dealer.
Alex
JeepCares

#7 ·
well
My 2018 Jeep has stopped 4 times in the middle of the road
The dealer replaced the battery 3 weeks ago
It would start 3 days ago so back to the dealery
Now they are telling me it’s the start stop battery and it will cost another 810$
Seems like the batteries should last more than 2 years and why I replacing the start stop when it registered fine 3 weeks ago

#11 ·
Hi, BooMan 62. If you need support while at the dealer, send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.