My Jeep Compass Forum banner
101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update, finished charging the batteries and reconnected all cables. Auto Start/Stop still disabled. I did check the battery voltages when car was off as well as when starting. Main and Aux battery were at 12.8, main dipped to 11.05 when cranking, Aux battery dipped to 11.8 when cranking. Do you think these voltages are causing the auto start/stop to disable? Once the car was started, both levels were at 14.4 volts, so the alternator is working and should be charging the batteries. I'm just very confused why the light came on while I was already 6 hours into my trip on the highway doing 75mph when the in car voltmeter said the batteries were at 14.0-14.4 volts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just ran into the same issue. Though I don't want to use the auto stop/start, I still want it to work considering I just bought the vehicle (2019 Jeep Compass Trailhawk). Currently at the dealership and just about finished with my service appointment. After testing the issue, they are replacing the main and accessory battery, believing that will solve the problem. Will update.

Update: Roughly 20 hours later and everything is working as it should be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jeep replaced 2 sensors and the strike under the hood, I replaced the auxiliary battery now just replaced the main battery with a Mopar battery. Light was out. 4 days later back on after start up. It's back at Jeep today. I keep telling them it has to be software related, there must be an update, but they just keep blowing me off and back and forth I go to the dealer. This car is junk. Still having the 4th to 5th gear clunk/whiplash effect as well. Never again wi I buy a Chrysler/Jeep product, have had 4 now, nothing but problems.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts