My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one where the key fob sometimes starts their compass? Or it doesn't (un)lock the doors? It is so frustrating. I know the batteries are good(fobs). Its like if it sits for like a week or so I have this problem. I ride my motorcycle a lot on the summer. Is there a dealer update, or battery back up for this? I am 2nd owner 51xxx mi. Battery under hood is original. I don't think that matters. I know a lot of people don't like the compasses bc of flaws. But Iove mine, except for this damn auto start feature. Has anyone looked into this further? I have 2014 latitude. Thanks. 😡

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4
9 Posts
It could be interference or a proximity issue (just thinking off the top of my head, late at night). Updates are released and sometimes it hard to know when they are, you can always check with the dealer per your vin. I have had a Mopar remote start on the last 4-5 vehicles I have owned and typically when my remote start doesn’t work, I know the batteries in everything are fresh, it’s Typically because something is interfering, proximity (closeness) or even positioning (like I’m down hill, uphill or off to a weird angle from the sensors. I dunno, just a thought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts