My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Well first, welcome to the forum alaskan, glad to have you! It is possible as I've heard of it being done on other vehicles, just really don't know how complicated it would be to DIY. Not sure how much is able to be tied in to the existing wiring and what would have to be totally re-wired, electrical is not my strong suit, lol, but perhaps someone here has some advice for ya, but good luck if you decide to tackle it and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the welcome. i have one other question: if i buy an autostart set up that has the button it for automatic unlock and lock, would i be able to utilize those buttons if my locks are currently only manual? would the installers be able to do that or is that function for cars with automatic unlock and lock installed? thanks

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
That's a good question and I'm going to have to do some reading and see what I can find. You're asking if you can have a keyfob programmed to it after install so you can lock/unlock remotely?

- Cherokee

·
Registered
19 Posts
you would have to a new set of trim panels that house the controls, and all the in door hardware.. after that come the wirering problem... u would have to tie into a source that was always running a parisidic drain.. (something using power evern when vehical is off ie. the lil flashing red security light) i kno the compases well at least mine dsnt have one.. hope that helped at all..... sounds like a HUGE DIY project but props to u if u can get it done man keep us posted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts