My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went through a automatic car wash in my new 2022 Jeep compass but when i got out to dry off some areas i noticed that my fuel door was opened. So im guessing the brushes from the car wash pushed it in and it opened. Should I worry about any water getting into my gas tank? The door wasnt all the way opened, just slightly opened when you push it to open. Is there any way to lock the fuel door?

·
Registered
2022 Jeep Compass Trailhawk Elite 4x4 2020 Jeep Compass Altitude 4x4
7 Posts
I did not have that that issue on our first wash. But I will check it the next time I go. Fortunately the spinning action is towards the back and it did not grab the fuel door.
The valve that is at the top is pretty good on not letting anything in. Especially when you are trying to fill it with a gas can after you run it dry...;(

I did however have to pick some of the spinning wash fabric ends out of the headlight gap in the front on both sides. I worry one will catch and pull back the metal at the far front of the fender.
The gap above the headlight is too large and at the exact angle as the incoming washer ends.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
782 Posts
Always go touch less if using an automatic. The brushes pick up dirt,sand rock from other vehicles and slap it on yours. We just had one open here and lots of people reporting damage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.