My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife got a new Compass last month and she has the automatic windshield wipers and I have a question for anyone else that has and uses this feature. The manual seems to be a little lame on how to use them and want to make sure I understand how to set them. So in the Uconnect settings I have the auto wipers box checked. Now my guess is based upon the lame instructions in the manual now that the box is checked all I need to do is turn the wiper knob to either the first mist setting for the low sensitivity of the rain sensor or to the next mist setting for the higher sensitivity of the rain sensor. Is this correct?

·
Registered
27 Posts
That is correct. Hopefully you don’t find them as obnoxious as I do; I think they are too sensitive on low and had to turn them off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just turned mine on as well. I'll have to see if works to my liking. Thanks for the clarification on how to setup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all!
First sorry for my bad English. I'm writing from Italy and I'm looking if you have the same problems with the new Jeep Compass.

Some owners in Italy have the problems with Automatic Wipers Sensor (Rain Sensor) that seems to be mounted badly and doesn't work properly.
I hope to write in the right forum but have you the same problem as you see in the attached pictures?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
On all the cars I have owned the automatic wipers never wipe with the frequency that I would do if I was doing it manually. Some have been better than others but in every car I end up reverting to the old school methods. It hasn't rained since I got my Compass so the jury is still out as to whether it will be better or worse than previous cars.

In the brochure it didn't mention auto wipers which I was in a way looking forward to as my last car (a Ford) had wipers which were never even close to getting the frequency right. When I found my Compass has them I was pleased I got a gadget I didn't expect but at the same time almost a little disappointed smile:

Cheers
Rog

1 - 9 of 9 Posts