My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a bug deflector for my 08 Comp from Auto Zone. Their computer data says the unit will fit the 2 wheel drive DOHC 4 cyl. but the photo show a deflector that don't look like it will fit a Compass. Does anyone here have this type of deflector and if so, could you supply a pic? They told me I could pic up the deflector this coming Saturday. I know they will take it back if it is the wrong kind but I would like to see a photo of the actual one so I will know when I go there.:dunno:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well, the bug deflector came in early Friday. I put it on in about 30 minutes time using the diagram and both the 3-M tape and screws. It's was indeed custom made to fit the front of a Comp. Well made, strong and looks good to me!

Wata U tink?:dunno:

Thinking about getting the large stick-on hood scoop!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Yep yep, I have one as well and hold on real well. No problems and a year later since it was installed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was wondering if this really works as a bug deflector.... so no smashed bugs on the windshield?.......
Really im not confortable hiding jeep logo.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
It will deflect some by the change in aerodynamics and mostly protects the lead edge of the hood. If you think it will stop most bugs NO. If you need that capability then you'll need something much higher.

There aren't bugs in the winter!!! Unless you have Snow Flies where you are.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Looks good Skyeye, I want to get one for my '11 but will wait til After Christmas, they're still not available!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts