My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm driving a 2007 Jeep Compass Sport (2.4L) with about 103,000 miles on it. Traditionally, I haven't been much of a car person, but the older I get the more interested I am in learning and taking care of issues that I can by myself, by myself.

Anyhow, I have an awful squeak that is driving me absolutely nuts. It's in the rear end, under the car, by the muffler. It's made worse by turning the air conditioner on, shifting into drive / reverse, shutting the rear doors, closing the hatch, etc. (things that rattle.)

I'm pretty sure I've pinpointed the squeak, but I'm not sure what the part is or how to handle fixing it (tighten, lube?)

I understand that the attached image isn't of my car, but the part is there, and I don't know what to Google to find a better image!

Any help / advice / knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Well it Depends. Not really enough information.
Full vehicle details in a signature as I have helps an awful lot. But given its your first time.

If its only when moving (driving) then its likely brakes related or wheel bearing. If only when slowing down using the brakes then your brakes pretty much give it away and you're with pads on rotors unless you have one of the NON ABS ones with drum brakes.

You've isolated the side so you'll have to jack it up and check everything is ok.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts