1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
308 Posts
Those look better than chrome covers, depends if the rest of your car has matte accents or it will match ok

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But I don`t know if I should remove the old stuff with the glue
Is it easy to remove and what is the result ? :)

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
You should just be able to pull the tape off, use a little goo-gone to get the glue off and then just wax it when you're done, you'll never know the tape was there.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
339 Posts
You should just be able to pull the tape off, use a little goo-gone to get the glue off and then just wax it when you're done, you'll never know the tape was there.

- Cherokee
not neccessarily. he has an 08, which means up to five years of paint fading. if you take it off, the paint could be a different color.

but to summarize, you want to remove a very high quality cover from your car, to put on one from ebay that is the exact same thing and will look like garbage within a year? great plan :giggle:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
very high quality ? I don't think we have the same thing.. and they sell that like 160$ at the dealer

·
Registered
339 Posts
are you talking about the black textured cover that covers the paint between the door? and you're looking to replace it with a similar product from ebay?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well that texture is going off and leave clue on the paint.. sorry but its really ugly hehe

and now what im supposed to do ? I got that Jeep and it was already like this and he had like 3 years of usage... I don't call that quality ;)

I don't know about those product sold on ebay... and it's the reason of this thread

I have no choice to remove it.. but if the paint is different and I still have no feedback about the stuff on ebay I will probably try some vinyl in a good vinyl shop

1 - 8 of 8 Posts