My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
As anyone ever tried to install wiring harness on Jeep on a 2011 Compass, the instructions they give do not work at all
thanx in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well , in the instructions it says to take off 2 self tapping screws behind the wheels and 4 plastic fasteners underneath the fascia and it will drop, but it doesn't ....doesn't even move....

·
Registered
308 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Chief2... Sounds like you want to install a wiring harness for a tow hitch?

I have a hidden hitch but no wiring yet; when it was installed they removed my rear bumper, but there were screws/fixings along inner boot/trunk surround, plus they removed the rear lights to get it off the car!

Ironically Mr Smart is the only user who's reporting doing this to an '11 so far, info in here
http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/aftermarket-accessories-parts/8521-installed-oem-trailer-hitch-yesterday-my-11-a.html

Anyway, good luck! :)

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
What does install a wiring harness mean, u think????
fuel pump, tail lights, trailer hitch, airbag suspension, etc. there are a ton of things that require a wiring harness near the end of the vehicle. your post was very generic, and didn't say what you were trying to do.

and BeDevil79 is right, i've done the install to my '11. best not to bite the hand that feeds you ;)

what brand wiring harness are you installing, mopar or otherwise?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Came with Jeep , so it must be Mopar (I think) there are 2 ends that go in the lights, but there are also 4 metal boxes that need to be bolted somewhere underneath

·
Registered
339 Posts
hmm...even google brings up next to nothing on that wiring harness. i went with an aftermarket one that was $75 and was much easier to install than the mopar one. is returning it an issue?

·
Registered
339 Posts
oh i know the one you're talking about, you have the trailer tow prep group and this is the one that came with the car. i have no idea, i know that there's a box that you have to connect it to inside the car. i installed the aftermarket one, so i am afraid i won't be much help with this one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update on this, I took my jeep to a body shop ( guy i know)and he took 50 minutes to install wire harness and hitch, and charged me 40$....everything works fine now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts