My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many of you had posted that changing the brakes was easy because of the pivoting caliper, but near impossible to remove that 2nd bottom bolt. Does anyone have suggestions on how to change the rotors with this bolt being so difficult?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Same way. Piviot it up above the rotor and pull the rotor clear. I'll be doing mine this fall it seem since my pads are not working well and the rotor has a wear channel in it. It must be thin now.

Send your email in a PM and I'll send a Word Doc on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ditto on what tripplec said. Really easy once you do it. But clean the rust off under the stainless steel slider shoes and put a dab of never seize under the stainless steel slider. It will keep the rust from building up and the pads from jamming with corrosion. I wish you luck getting the old rusted rotors off with out pulling the old e shoes that have partially delaminated!:hail:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Rotor and pads on order as I will be doing mine this week in the rear. There are two sizes for some reason of rotors!! I believe Jeep used the smaller size but what or why there is another one listed is unclear. I'll find out soon enough if that is not correct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts