My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, thanks for the help choosing a hitch and wiring harness!

I’ve only had this little thing for a couple weeks but this will annoy me if I can’t figure out what is happening!

2 times I have went to back up and the screen is just black. The first time the screen froze and I almost backed into my boat! Then it worked fine for a few min, the next time I went through the gears the screen was black.

I tried turning the car on and off, cycling the door locks, walking away for 5 min. I can’t seem to find a reason or situation that will replicate the issue, it’s random. I hate random!

Any help will be appreciated! Thank You.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all, thanks for the help choosing a hitch and wiring harness!

I’ve only had this little thing for a couple weeks but this will annoy me if I can’t figure out what is happening!

2 times I have went to back up and the screen is just black. The first time the screen froze and I almost backed into my boat! Then it worked fine for a few min, the next time I went through the gears the screen was black.

I tried turning the car on and off, cycling the door locks, walking away for 5 min. I can’t seem to find a reason or situation that will replicate the issue, it’s random. I hate random!

Any help will be appreciated! Thank You.
A few times my camera is black for a day or two then works and I don't do anything to it. I think it's a wiring issue because my usb works whenever it wants to as well so a loose connection or something

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey mine is doing the same thing have you had any luck with this issue? I have no idea where the wirring hooks up for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my 2020 Compass for a year -- I've had this issue since about month 3. Took it in, had the camera replaced -- worked for about a week (?) then quit again -- excessively intermittent, but more times not working than working.

I just finally took it in again this week -- they concluded the wire harness was bad, so they replaced that. Picked it up today, got it home, and the same thing. black screen when I put the car in reverse.

I'm taking it back in on Monday, and will report back with what they find. I'm wondering if it's the entire head unit, or if it' really just THAT faulty of a connection to the camera.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts