My Jeep Compass Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
844 Posts
@ASD, I agree that's early for a battery to fail. I've never had a battery fail that young. At least your dealer discounted the replacement. I hope that's your last problem for a long time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just happened to me. Battery is two years old and then it dies after not using it for a weekend. Nothing was left on for certain. Helfman Jeep in Houston tried to sell me a new one for $423. Wish I knew what drained it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
they system is trying to charge two batteries at the same time and as stated these aren't the greatest batteries. Also, these batteries/charging system doesn't like short trips and cool/colder weather. Ours probably won't make the winter, no Start/Stop for the past 2 months "system charging" and showing 14.4v charging while running. for this past week the battery is holding at 12.15v in the AM. i chatted with with Jeep customer service yesterday and i may pay the diagnostic fee, if even that. the compass is 1 year 10 months with 11,250 miles. seems odd for the extra charge unless ya'll are over the 3/36 warranty?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just happened to me. Battery is two years old and then it dies after not using it for a weekend. Nothing was left on for certain. Helfman Jeep in Houston tried to sell me a new one for $423. Wish I knew what drained it.
Hi Andy9381,
We're sorry to hear about this. If you need any assistance while working with your dealer, please send us a PM.
Alex
JeepCares

·
Registered
879 Posts
NewCsport said:
i may pay the diagnostic fee, if even that. the compass is 1 year 10 months with 11,250 miles. seems odd for the extra charge unless ya'll are over the 3/36 warranty?
There are no fees when its under warranty, unless your stealership is more crooked than they usually already are.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone,

Has anyone else had an issue where their 2018 Jeep compass battery is completely dead after sitting for 2 days or the weekend? I mean dead to the point the doors won't even unlock. I have an appointment to take it to the dealer AGAIN for this reoccurring problem and I was just curious if it was a common problem.

The only thing I have done to the vehicle electric wise was change the dome lights to LED; I'm sure that wouldn't cause an issue.
Yes, I have exactly the same problem. And the replacement battery that Pep Boys and Auto Zone computers systems suggest do not fit.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts