My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody having issues with their 2018 jeep compass draining the battery, giving it a jump start, leaving it on for more than an hour and still the battery do not recharge?
Mine now won't even take a jump start, it's completely dead.
P.S. I am just curious, my car is actually on a tow truck right now on the way to the dealer service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My dealership just replaced both my batteries - again - they have a known battery issue. Chrysler has changed manufacturers and they are seeing a LOT of battery replacements where I am. Call the dealership.
Thank you! It's good to know it is a on going thing.
The dealer ended up replacing both my batteries. Hopefully, it will not give me any more issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my 2017 compass in 2020 used. I did not get the extra warranty, cuz I couldn't afford much and the jeep only had 9k miles on it. I couldn't believe i lucked out. A few months later, the batt went completely dead. New ones are so expensive now-a-days. A month later, the start/stop failed. I dont like that function so I never replaced it. Now, a couple of months later, the brand new batt is failing again. I drive the jeep every day, except maybe a Sunday every now and then. I'll try to start it on monday morning, but it needs a jump. I'll be able to start it Tuesday, but Wednesday it will need a jump. Now that it has warmed up the past few days, I haven't had the problem. So, maybe the new batt isn't failing? Look man, I can't afford dealerships fixing problems that shouldn't be problems in the first place. If this is how Chrysler wants to do business, ill go back to mitsubishi, GM, or Ford. I'll learn to live with this issue, but I'll never buy a jeep again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.