My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we're having to replace out battery again. (backup). This is the second in under a year. Also had to have dealer replace radio, and multiple updates. Beginning to question buying this car.
Actually, after picking the vehicle up, dealer was unable to duplicate the issue. The issue this time was all the warning lights on the dash cluster started randomly flashing and making warning noises, while driving. When I arrived at home the vehicle wouldn't turn off. It took six or seven attempts to turn vehicle off, by pressing the off button. I was given Chrysler phone number to call, to begin a case.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My old 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee electronics went wacko like that when its 8 year old/100K mile battery open circuited. Perhaps your truck has a bad battery connection issue. Also try holding the off button in for 10 seconds and see if that helps stop it.

Baja-D

·
Registered
39 Posts
they would have to really work hard to diagnose the bad ground or short causing draw to the battery and if trying to get them to do it for free under warranty very little chance they will even try (will take the car, hook on the diagnosti ports, read codes, nothing specific to tell them what to do then they likely won't go looking - even though they should).
I've had random warning lights on my dash on my 2019 as well and they just come and go.
These are design flaws and should be happening from within my first 1000 kilometers of run-time of the vehicle but they are and that unfortunate. Lucky for me so far the electronics have not yet effected my battery but I don't have high hopes I'm pretty realistic about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts