My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my Jeep Compass and sent it for 3rd Servicing a few days ago which was fully functional and no problems. Now its back and doesn't start. I am being advised that the battery is dead and needs replacement.
I am at end of wits to understand this issue fully. The service notes say that the battery was checked and is fine, advisor says the battery terminals must have shorted.
I jumped it 3 times, drove for about 100Kms and the battery is still not charged. Overall i am quite happy with the product but this bit is annoying.

Can someone please let me know if this is a regular problem.

p.s - my oldest car didn't need a battery change so quickly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had to replace both batteries in my 2018 Compass last week. Mechanic said there was a batch of bad batteries back then. The replacement was covered under warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Battery is an issue. My 2017 new jeep compass now has the 4th battery of the small one and the 3rd of the big one. Whats with the system??? In less than 3 yrs!!!! Something is happenning.
I used to have a ford escape with 1 battery and at least 4 years per each replacement.
Any recomendation???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Amatosca24, I'm assuming that you should have had some Jeep dealer servicing at sometime(s) for this problem. Can you share the tech's comments seen on your service tickets?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts