My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone do me a huge favor and take the little plastic cover off the positive side of the batter and take a pic for me. Check engine light and check forward collioson sensor warnings came on today. Code is U0001. (Canbus) a lot of times this is electrical Gremlins so I thought I would check the battery connections. It looks like to me there is a missing nut. The dealer said they looked at another Jeep and it was not there either so they are sure it is supposed to be like that. It is not the nut on the post but just to the rear of the post. There are 3 or 4 little posts all of them except one has a nut there. (Why would they put a post there with no nut on it?!?)

·
Registered
147 Posts
My '18 trailhawk has been like this since I bought it in November '17. I've seen others where the cable in the upper right is actually hooked to what's circled but I've yet to have an issue or need to try swapping it over.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That is what mine looks like too. Seems crazy to have a bolt there with no nut on it. It's not secured at all. You can wiggle it out if you try hard enough..

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks made me have to look at mine. lol It is the same there is no nut because that 150 amp fuse does not have a load on it the post appears to be insulated/isolated. If you look at the other fuses inline with it they all have a wire with terminal that nut clamps down on. This 150 does not and I don't know what option would require 150 amps unless it was for another fuse block we did not get but even that would be crazy high on amps. However it might prove useful in the future as a place to hook up things like lights or stereo equipment. :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
My '18 trailhawk has been like this since I bought it in November '17. I've seen others where the cable in the upper right is actually hooked to what's circled but I've yet to have an issue or need to try swapping it over.

"@Chrysler Cares".........................Care to comment? What is this fuse for????

·
Registered
48 Posts
Could be for the Beats premium sound system or the powered sunroof or other? Either way, the mechanical technician side of me says there should be a nut there …

·
Registered
265 Posts
Could be for the Beats premium sound system or the powered sunroof or other? Either way, the mechanical technician side of me says there should be a nut there …

I have the sunroof and still no connection for this fuse. Beats maybe but did the beats have an amp that would eat 150 amps? I think that would put the amp at 800-1000 watts

It looks concerning but from an electrical standpoint since there is no terminal on that post the fuse is under no load so it is safe without the nut on it but yes mechanically the mind screams that things needs a nut on it! LOL

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nope might blowed up tha Jeep and or void the warranty. LOL

Seriously I'm going to be adding off road lights at some point and that is looking like a prime place to tie into the electrical of course with a smaller inline fuse included.
whoever decides to put a nut on it may end up disabling or blowing up all of our Jeeps...

·
Registered
245 Posts
This made me go out and look at mine tonight!

I don't have a plastic cover over mine, and, I don't even have the "bolt"!

There's nothing there!

And, I have the Beats Audio, and Panoramic Roof.

Hmmm?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
This made me go out and look at mine tonight!

I don't have a plastic cover over mine, and, I don't even have the "bolt"!

There's nothing there!

And, I have the Beats Audio, and Panoramic Roof.

Hmmm?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Damn now I want to go put a nut on that bolt to make sure it can't fall out on mine!!!! :rotfl:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Glow plug circuit for our European friends with the diesel engine?
You know I'm not sure they have conventional glow plugs but maybe a glow grid or grate thingy and that would be a very good possibility that could eat 150 amps and since the engine is not running yet that would not load directly off the alt either but just the battery just like how the starter does.

You get the internet award of the day even if your wrong it is the most plausible idea yet!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just an update -- I got the Jeep back. Of course when they started it this morning, the check engine light and the collision sensor warnings were gone... so they just gave it back to me and said to schedule another appointment if they come back.. They claimed they looked at 6 other ones on their lot and none of them had the nut. Not sure why they would they would do that instead of look in the technical manual?? Hopefully someone at Jeep replies...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just an update -- I got the Jeep back. Of course when they started it this morning, the check engine light and the collision sensor warnings were gone... so they just gave it back to me and said to schedule another appointment if they come back.. They claimed they looked at 6 other ones on their lot and none of them had the nut. Not sure why they would they would do that instead of look in the technical manual?? Hopefully someone at Jeep replies...

I'm really thinking Wolfy is correct this very well might be for the glow circuit on the diesels and since we don't get those here their tech manual may not show what this fuse is for. Maybe someone with the diesel will chime in and see if this is correct.

·
Registered
147 Posts
From the Facebook group. The one with the circle is my photo, the other photo is another members. Notice the cable in my photo on the upper right is on the fuse in his photo.

Half tempted to move the wire over to the fuse just so it's being used.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts