My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06A2A6EE-1CE3-4A1A-9EAD-951AD34B2BCB.jpeg
06A2A6EE-1CE3-4A1A-9EAD-951AD34B2BCB.jpeg
Has anyone received a similar notice? My vehicle is a 2019 Jeep Compass. Not sure why I would need the battery replaced. I’ve only had it 2 months

·
Registered
429 Posts
View attachment 13478 View attachment 13478
Has anyone received a similar notice? My vehicle is a 2019 Jeep Compass. Not sure why I would need the battery replaced. I’ve only had it 2 months
Hello Joe33,
Unfortunately, our team is not mechanically trained so we cannot confidently answer that question for you. With that said, I highly recommend contact a local FCA certified dealer about this as they will have the appropriate tools to answer your question. I apologize that we cannot be of more assistance at this time. We are available to help if you have any vehicle concerns in the future.
Laura
JeepCares

·
891 Posts
No I've never gotten anything like that from any dealer. A battery after 2 months? Ludicrous. Two years would be a short life. I don't think I've every had a battery fail in under 5 years and I rack up the miles under some pretty rough (cold) conditions, and in the summer it can get over 90F and that can be just as hard on a battery as the cold is.

Try painting Holstein spots on your Compass: seems somebody's trying to milk it! I wonder what they charge to change the air in the tires? That air must be getting stale.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know that the Engine Stop-Start aux battery is failure prone from anything I’ve seen on-line (mine is bad at less than 2 years). It would be very uncharacteristic for FCA to do anything preemptively though that wasn’t safest related.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I'm not surprised. The stock batteries are the cheapest GARBAGE they could find anywhere. Like literally they searched around for the cheapest supplier conceivable, and then its like they asked them "Do ya got any used ones in the back we can have?"

On top of that batteries do not get proper maintenance when shipping and sitting on the lot which further hurts their capacity and health. I can easily believe 100% that a new car from FCA has a bad battery (or two!)

The alert he is simply getting because he has the app and the radio with connected services, I'm guessing. Smart programmers built in a warning to notice that the battery is under 12v most of the time and provides a heads up that its looking weak.I'm sure the warning was meant for years into ownership but its coming in handy right off the bat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know that the Engine Stop-Start aux battery is failure prone from anything I’ve seen on-line (mine is bad at less than 2 years). It would be very uncharacteristic for FCA to do anything preemptively though that wasn’t safest related.
Gforce, I have a 2018 jeep compass trailhawk, I have had the start/stop battery replaced 3 times in the last 1 year, the only thing the dealship is trying to blame is my viper car alarm, professionally installed by visions electronic. I don't do a whole lot of kms, but regardless it doesn't hold any sort of charge, I have even added a solar charger to try to maintain the battery and still no luck with it holding a charge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts