My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm an American living in Beijing and have just purchased a new 2011 Jeep Compass Limited! Happy to join the group and excited about my new Jeep which I pick up tomorrow - just shipped in from Illinois. I'm really jazzed about driving a Made in the USA vehicle here in China to do my part for the balance of trade! :usa:

Tell you what though - the customs duties and shipping costs for any imported vehicle here in China inflates the price greatly - and this is surely the case here. My vehicle rings in at a whopping $43,500! No kidding. So let's keep the line in Belvidere moving, and load the ships up with these while they are in demand over here. Dealer mark ups are $1,500 with a one to two month wait. Action pics with my Jeep in Beijing to follow!

BeijingJeep

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Can't wait to see the pictures of the Compass. You may have the most expensive factory Compass on the site now!!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you and congrats on your Compass, well worth every bit! Look forward to seeing some pics, too! Lots of great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the warm welcome! I've picked up my Compass from the dealer and enjoyed driving it everywhere today! It is a joy to drive and with the intense traffic here in Beijing, it has the perfect blend of "get outta my way" heft, while still being nimble enough to get around the usual street obstacles here - bikes, people, scooters, cars, buses, trucks, rickshaws - and that's just in the FAST lane! :)

My Compass replaces a Honda Fit which I have had here for 2 years. It was a good car but nothing like my Jeep! Before moving to China I had a 2007 FJ Cruiser but would not consider it here on these streets with those blind spots! I'm thrilled with my Jeep and will post photos soon.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Awesome, glad to hear you're enjoying it, definitely sounds like the perfect ride for where you live!

- Cherokee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts