My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the best oil to use. Full synthetic or a blend after my 1000 mile oil change.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Don't know if it is the best, but I have been using Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic 0w-20 for past 100,000 miles in my Trailhawk.
Vehicle does not leak or use oil. I change the oil every 5000 to 6000 miles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know if it is the best, but I have been using Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic 0w-20 for past 100,000 miles in my Trailhawk.
The dealer has used Pennzoil as the oil since 83 when I bought my first new car.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's the same oil I use but only at 20K miles.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Pennzoil Gold is a Synthetic blend 0w-20. I have seen it at Wal-Mart now and then.
I have have always changed my own oil. and do as much of my own required maintenance.
Guess I am to OCD to allow anyone else to do it. Cheers🍻

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pennzoil Gold is a Synthetic blend 0w-20. I have seen it at Wal-Mart now and then.
I have have always changed my own oil. and do as much of my own required maintenance.
Guess I am to OCD to allow anyone else to do it. Cheers🍻
I have free oil for life so it is not worth doing it like I used to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I worked for Oil Changers in Hawaii
They would use valvoline 0W-20 but for me I have used Mobile -1 0w-20 Full synthetic. Since I got my 2015 jeep compass.
never had an issue on my next oil change I will do a high mileage additive as I will be reaching 75K.
Hope this works and helps out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts