My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been negotiating with a Craigslist seller for the past month over a set of Weathertech floor liners, front seats only. They had them listed as slush mats, instead of Weathertech, and were asking $70. I replied to his post the first day it was listed, offered $50, and was turned down. A week later, I once again made an offer, this time for $40...again turned down. Last week, I sent him an email and told him that since it hasn't sold yet, that I'd give him $30 cash...the reply he sent was something I can't really post here, due to the language.

This morning, however, I woke up to an email from the seller, telling me that he'd take $25 for the set if I picked them up today by 9am. I drove over to his house, and sure enough, a set of Weathertechs were sitting there, in great shape. He had bought them for his 2014 Compass that he no longer had. He said that I was the only one that showed interest in his ad on Craigslist. We chatted it up a bit, and he told me that he'd let me have them for $20, if I'd show him how to get his phone working with UConnect on his 2016 Wrangler that he traded his Compass in for. Deal!!

It's not everyday that you can get a deal like that. I gave him his $20, connected his phone to his UConnect system, and left with my like new Weathertech floor liners.

I'm a happy camper now!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nice! I'm guessing he set the price too high at $70 and that's why nobody showed interest in them besides you. Their loss and your gain I say! $20 is a steal!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Ouch,,

When you're lucky you're lucky. LOL

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For fronts only, they're running about $110 in the states, from Weathertech...more if you buy them elsewhere. Another $60ish for the rears. I'm now on the hunt for a set of rears, as well as something for the rear cargo area.

I think the reason they didn't sell quickly is because he advertised them as Slush Mats, which are generally the cheap rubber mats from 'Zone. The picture showed Weathertech, but the words didn't show it. Also, he had them listed as fitting a Compass, which isn't in high demand around here, like the Patriot is.

So, in addition for being on the hunt for the above, I'm also hunting for a pair of the cargo bars for the roof. Once I get those, I'll either make or buy a cargo rack...it will depend on what I can find and what I feel like doing at the moment.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Wording is key when posting things for sale. Weathertech is something very commonly searched, but I guess because of the lack of that being mentioned, it just got pushed away through the listings and no one batted an eye towards it.

One mans mistake got you a miracle deal! That's dope man. Still can't believe it haha! Hope you can find something similar for the rears ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I'm still stoked over the price I paid. If I can't find another deal like that for the rear seats, I'll pay the full price...because it's worth the price. I had these in my 2001 Durango, and my 2005 Tahoe, and when I got rid of the vehicles, the carpet looked like brand new...which allowed me to get a decent amount from them.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Maybe you'll be lucky too and someone mislabels their weathertech mats. They're just amazing and made to last a lifetime, worth it even if you end up paying full price on a set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts