My Jeep Compass Forum banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
From all the wheel wells, I am most concerned with the rear ones on the front side of the tire that is too close to the fender as can be seen on this photo. If I go with a 225/65/R17 which adds 1/2” more to the tire radius, will it be extremely close and dangerous to the fender?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So Can I use 225/65/R17 on my Compass 2014?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Here are my 225/75r16 Ironman all country terrain tires (over 29" in diameter). No rubbing at all after driving for 3 days on all types of roads and bumps. The tires lifted my compass almost an entire inch. There is a good inch and a half between the tire and closest part that would rub.

Nick what wheels are these?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Be aware that this is a 1st Gen Compass and doesn't mean the tires will fit a 2nd gen (2017.5+)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello all. I’m running 225-65R17 Pirelli scorpion AT-plus tires (stock wheels) on a 2019 compass/trailhawk. My fuel economy went down maybe 1MPG. Hard to tell sometimes. The speedometer is off by maybe 1.5 MPH at 65/70 . Not enough for me to worry about or justify spending money to correct. I have no rubbing or contact anywhere. Maybe the biggest factors to consider is going to be the tire brand and type, in my opinion. KO2’s are stupid heavy, expensive and have lots of road noise. Heavy TIRES MEANS fuel economy will suffer. My tires are cheaper, way quieter, lighter and perform just a good off road as KO2’s. I think most people won’t go off road anyway and just want the looks. I hear good thing about geo-landers also. But I love my Pirelli’s. 225-65R17’s will give you no problems. What-so-ever.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the 16 inch wheels comes in handy here. Rather have the larger tire wall to fill in the wheel wells as opposed to the larger wheels with less tire wall.

I think the 225/70 for 16's and as mentioned about 225/65 17's are going to be the best bets - with little to no noticable change to performance / fuel economics.

Again, i'll test this out next week and report back for 16 inch wheels. Someone else will have to take the plunge for the 17s.
Hey, little while since everyone's been talking but what do you all think about 225/75 16s on a jeep compass north? Is that way pushing it or could they fit? The current ones on now are 215/60 17

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the 16 inch wheels comes in handy here. Rather have the larger tire wall to fill in the wheel wells as opposed to the larger wheels with less tire wall.

I think the 225/70 for 16's and as mentioned about 225/65 17's are going to be the best bets - with little to no noticable change to performance / fuel economics.

Again, i'll test this out next week and report back for 16 inch wheels. Someone else will have to take the plunge for the 17s.
Hey, little while since everyone's been talking but what do you all think about 225/75 16s on a jeep compass north? Is that way pushing it or could they fit? The current ones on now are 215/60 17

·
1,132 Posts
I'm presuming you have a 1st generation Compass? I ran that size on my 2008 Patriot. AYK Patriots and Compasses are siblings. The tires more-or-less fit but I still got a rub at times. I wouldn't recommend that size. Maybe I shouldn't have run them for safety reasons but I was careful and didn't do anything challenging. They came off Wifey's Wrangler (She couldn't stand them). They still had too much tread to waste so I used them up on my Patriot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have a 2019 compass with 18 x 8 wheels and a 1.5” lift and have 225/55 tires that look too small. What is the max on tires I can go?

View attachment 13935
Those do look a little small. What overall diameter are they? Based on the tire numbers you gave, I'm estimating they are just a hair under 28 inches. That's smaller than the factory puts on their Trailhawks, which don't have the lift kit you do. The tightest point on the front is the rear of the wheel well, and that's where you hear about "pinch seam mods". If you look at your clearance there, and you have about an inch, then you decide how much clearance you want to keep. If you have 28 inch tires, and you want to have 1/2 inch clearance (very tight), you can go to 29 inch tires, which will give 1/2 inch more in all directions.

Just be careful you aren't getting wider at the same time and you should be fine. The same tires on wider rims make the diameter shrink AND get a little wider because the cross-section circle is getting flattened out into more of an oval shape. This makes it hard to order tires off the internet and be sure they will clear lock-to-lock. I'm having a custom shop do my wheels and tires. They said if it doesn't clear correctly they will switch tires to something that does without any cost penalty to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have 2018 jeep compass the tire size stock was 225/55 r18 went up to 225/60 no rub not sure if that helps and far as warranty they haven't said anything except letting me know i need tires lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Compass Sport can look a lot nicer with a bigger size tire. The wheel well seems a bit tight, that is true.
My question is how much higher you can go, maybe just 1/2” more?

I’m running 1”spacers, 225/55r17 toyo celcus cuv tires on xd818 Heist black rims by KMC
30F664AD-1BCD-4300-8E26-20DF58CC4B25.png

101 - 118 of 118 Posts