My Jeep Compass Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
From all the wheel wells, I am most concerned with the rear ones on the front side of the tire that is too close to the fender as can be seen on this photo. If I go with a 225/65/R17 which adds 1/2” more to the tire radius, will it be extremely close and dangerous to the fender?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So Can I use 225/65/R17 on my Compass 2014?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here are my 225/75r16 Ironman all country terrain tires (over 29" in diameter). No rubbing at all after driving for 3 days on all types of roads and bumps. The tires lifted my compass almost an entire inch. There is a good inch and a half between the tire and closest part that would rub.

Nick what wheels are these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Be aware that this is a 1st Gen Compass and doesn't mean the tires will fit a 2nd gen (2017.5+)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello all. I’m running 225-65R17 Pirelli scorpion AT-plus tires (stock wheels) on a 2019 compass/trailhawk. My fuel economy went down maybe 1MPG. Hard to tell sometimes. The speedometer is off by maybe 1.5 MPH at 65/70 . Not enough for me to worry about or justify spending money to correct. I have no rubbing or contact anywhere. Maybe the biggest factors to consider is going to be the tire brand and type, in my opinion. KO2’s are stupid heavy, expensive and have lots of road noise. Heavy TIRES MEANS fuel economy will suffer. My tires are cheaper, way quieter, lighter and perform just a good off road as KO2’s. I think most people won’t go off road anyway and just want the looks. I hear good thing about geo-landers also. But I love my Pirelli’s. 225-65R17’s will give you no problems. What-so-ever.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts