My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been looking around ebay for some Compass stuff and I came across this! It's 60 bones for a set and looks pretty cool. Might be a little upgrade from the "chrome trim grille mod". What do YOU think?

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Pretty cool! But to me its about the same effect as the chrome trim mod. Now, if you went with a Billet mesh in black or ss/chrome... that is definitely an upgrade!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I like it, would definitely look good on your Compass OTW! Not a bad price, either, course the mesh is a cool idea, too!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I recieved the inserts in the mail yesterday and from what I see it won't be that hard of an install. They look very nice! Hope to get them installed somtime in the next two weeks. I have to worry about Finals first. -_-

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Cool! Can't wait to see them on your Compass, but good luck with your finals first! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
656 Posts
Looks a lot like what can be done with less than $20 of chrome door trimming.
Maybe better quality? but same appearance.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just wanted a step up. These have five pieces per insert instead of three and are a little better looking I think. Plus the ones that I had from the "20 dollar" mod are kinda warping off in the cold winter. I have no complains about the "20 dollar" mod, just wanted something more ......... permanent if that makes sense.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Well they really do look great.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well finally getting some time to play with them this weekend. So hopefully everything goes smooth and I can get some pics up before long.

I also bought the bumper piece that I have been looking for. If I would of bought both in a bundle it would of cost 127.00 but I bought them seperate at 60.00 per set .... now isn't a bundle suppose to have some kind of deal? You're paying 7 dollars more for the bundle :confused:..... WTH! Anyway the bottom bumper piece is on the way and should have the complete grille done within the next couple weeks. Standby for pictures! :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
OK! To any of you that are paying attention to this thread here's what you've been waiting for .... maybe.

Starting the install out really sucked because I had to get the old plastic grille out first. Which included taking some of the engine plastic off. The old plastic grille can easily be taken off with a hammer and crowbar :p So after i got that out the install was fairly easy. Just tightening the clamps on the inside of the bumper and WALAH! Anyway the finished product looks great. Total install time was 2 hours but if I did it again it would only take me a little over an hour probably. Getting the old plastic grille off was the bulk of the time I think.

Sorry that I don't have pictures yet but I am waiting for the bumper piece and then I will show the final overall look!

P.S = If anyone needs a better description of the install private messege me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I first read this thread I thought WT?. Whats wrong with the mod shown on this forum, (which I copied), but then I realised there were more slats chromed and I thought, ...........I Like........very nice.

In Ireland this
hammer and crowbar
is called "the gentle persuader"!

Raff

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha yeah. The 20 dollar mod is a cheap way to get it done and works very well for the look. These just make it look more professional and it's more .... durable in inclimate weather (My 20 dollar mod started warping off). And when I get the bumper grille it will be looking EXTRA sweet. Can't wait to show some pics of it.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Ooooooh, when I clicked on this thread I was looking for pics lol, but cool OTW, I like your use of chrome trim on your Compass, can't wait to see the finished product! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so I just gave in and took some pictures. I know some of you might be waiting for them! So Merry Christmas!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Very nice, thanks for the pics! Looks like a perfect, almost tight fit there, I really like it! Reps to ya and Merry Christmas to you, too! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They are a tight fit but I think that's what makes em look good. I just can't wait to get the bumper insert! Then I might actually have to wash the Compass before I take the pics :p

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just letting everyone know that I should be getting the bottom bumper grille in the mail tomorrow .. hopefully I can have that on the Compass by this weekend.. Friday hopefully.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I should be getting some pics up this afternoon with the inserts all in. Sorry the holidays were kind of a crazy time. 13 inches of snow and family kept all my time. Anyway for those of you waiting or holding your breathe I will be posting them later today hopefully! New Deck tomorrow as well!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally got a picture for you guys! And it's snowing again! But hope you all like it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
VERY NICE!!!! Looks awesome and your Compass looks great in the snow, thanks for the pic and nice job on the mod! I can't rep ya yet, but when I can again I owe ya! :)

- Cherokee

1 - 20 of 25 Posts