My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ordered these from ebay, 150 with shipping for upper 7 pieces and the lower section. Installation was a bit more difficult that i expected, if you have smaller arms, that will work better.It comes with decent instructions, the quality of the product is fantastic, and they arrived within a week via ups.

06-2011 Jeep Compass Billet Grille Grill Insert Combo - eBay (item 200623835346 end time Aug-23-11 16:56:58 PDT)

remove the plastic piece that covers this section

remove the factory grill

hit the car wash and your finished!

if anyone orders these and wants to install them i can provide a more detailed how to, thanks for checking out my thread and happy modding:canada:

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Very very nice...........well done again my friend !

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
That looks sweet man, nice job with that!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The kit comes with all the hardware, it used C shaped brackets. Two on each vertical section. The lower section had to be adjusted with some spacers to make it look perfect.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tips or tricks?

I got the lower one for my compass rallye, could you get me a more detailed how to on removal of the old and in with the new?
I'm about to start the process of the seven piece insert ( I already finished the lower peice) and would dig a tip or two about accessing the area to get rid of the old plastic grill. From top or bottom for instance...

[Edit / Follow Up ]
Well, I just went ahead and did it and it was a little bit of a knuckle buster but I got the old grill out without completely removing anything - I just removed all the Torx screws and the two bolts along the top of the grill.
After doing that, I used side cutters to cut out the existing grill in a couple places so I could reach though the newly created openings and pry off the metal retainers (looking through the top of the grill as I could now pull it back enough to see what I was doing 'behind' the grill)

Once I decided / realized I had no desire or need to save the old grille insert, destroying it along the way only made the whole process easier.

It looks good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts