My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My screen won’t come on when I crank the car on. It’s doing nothing. It’s not even charging my phone so I can’t connect my phone. I tried holding the buttons down and it still isn’t doing anything it’s blank. What do I do ? Or should I just take it to a dealership and let them fix it ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
You can try to reset the uConnect, here's the procedure:

1. Put your vehicle into accessories mode (push start button once without having your foot on the brake)

2. Hold down the Green Phone and Voice Recognition buttons for 30 seconds (push the buttons immediately after pushing the start button, before the Uconnect system has a chance to fully boot).

3. Let go of the two buttons.

4. Turn vehicle off and wait for the Uconnect screen to go black.

5. Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds.

6. Close driver’s side door.

7. Restart vehicle.

8. Let the uConnect system load up and see if the concern is still present.

·
Registered
51 Posts
if it does not work contact Uconnect Customer Care at 1-877-855-8400 they maybe able to walk you through a hard reset.

If it works post the steps to assist others on our site

Happy Memorial Weekend!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That number said I would have to go to dealership. They can’t do it. And the procedure didn’t work for me. Tried three times. Carefully. Thanks for the help anyways. Maybe they will fix it asap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My screen won’t come on when I crank the car on. It’s doing nothing. It’s not even charging my phone so I can’t connect my phone. I tried holding the buttons down and it still isn’t doing anything it’s blank. What do I do ? Or should I just take it to a dealership and let them fix it ?
Took mine in yesterday for the same issue: although not sure if the phone charger worked or not; just the blank screen and no radio. There is a problem with the radio that requires them to reboot or do something to bring the radio back on. The fix takes two or more hours and I intend to make an appointment when my schedule firms up. Glad for me, not for you, that this isn't just my problem. Seems like they knew immediately what was needed so perhaps this is widespread.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took mine to the dealership several times and they can’t fix it completely. I reached out to US Customer Care for Chrysler. They want me to bring it back to the dealership and create a “star case” and try to fix it. If it’s not fixed they’re going to submit another request for a buyback or replacement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took mine in yesterday for the same issue: although not sure if the phone charger worked or not; just the blank screen and no radio. There is a problem with the radio that requires them to reboot or do something to bring the radio back on. The fix takes two or more hours and I intend to make an appointment when my schedule firms up. Glad for me, not for you, that this isn't just my problem. Seems like they knew immediately what was needed so perhaps this is widespread.
I have to get my whole screen replaced. Well my whole radio because it got my air not working and all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dealer could find no codes for why the screen was blank. Did a reboot and had no issues until two days ago. Taking it back again. I see no further comments since June 1 so this must not be a big issue. Certainly don't want to be taking the Jeep back in every 6 weeks for this problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts