My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live near Fairbanks, AL and trying to install a Kats block heater before it gets cold. Can the block heater be installed without taking the coolant hoses out? The factory crimped hose clamps make it a pain. Looking for any tips to help with the install.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Alabama or Alaska.... the block heater replaces a frost plug on the block, no hoses to worry about

I live near Fairbanks, AL and trying to install a Kats block heater before it gets cold. Can the block heater be installed without taking the coolant hoses out? The factory crimped hose clamps make it a pain. Looking for any tips to help with the install.

·
Super Moderator
111 Posts
Sorry I can't give a definitive answer, I have been wondering the same thing myself. It looks like the lower hose might be in the way, but it may be possible to move the hose slightly upward to slide the block heater in.

·
Super Moderator
111 Posts
Alabama or Alaska.... the block heater replaces a frost plug on the block, no hoses to worry about
Not true in this case, this engine has a hole specifically for the block heater. The heater just slides in and clip into place.

The coolant hoses in question might be in the way and have to be removed to install the block heater.

Block Heater Hole:

Block Heater:

·
Registered
180 Posts
The Kats block heater I've seen has a threaded end which screws into the block, what your posting is a hell of a lot eaiser

Not true in this case, this engine has a hole specifically for the block heater. The heater just slides in and clip into place.

The coolant hoses in question might be in the way and have to be removed to install the block heater.

Block Heater Hole:

Block Heater:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts