My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I've noticed an issue with the blower fan when the temperatures have been very cold (below 0 F). It has happened twice - once when the key was used to start the vehicle and once when the remote start was used.

What happens is the fan it set to one of the higher speeds in defrost. These settings are left on all the time so the vehicle starts with them set this way. Once the vehicle is started, the blower fan isn't working. No noise, no air, nothing! All I have to do is move the fan speed knob one direction or another and that turns it on.

Any clue what this might be? Anyone else experience it?

I'm wondering if maybe the super cold temps have something to do with it or if it's just a little annoyance or if possibly it will turn into an actual problem.
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had this issue on two occasions, both times when starting with the remote. The temperture wasn't that cold at -4C, after wiggling with the buttons it came back. I've also noticed that when starting up the is a delay in the fan blowing before it kicks in. Is this normal for a 2012 Compass Ltd.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm resurrecting this old thread. It's been cold in ND again so that means my blower fan must be wanting to hibernate. lol Can't say I blame it. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this issue with the blower fan not turning on until the speed knob has been moved.
Thanks!!! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts