My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do any of the factory head units allow bluetooth streaming audio? Background, I'm running the 230/REQ head unit with UConnect added.

I just turned a rental car (Nissan Altima) that has a very smart headunit and giving me my first experience of this feature. My cell phone Nav talked throught he sterio system, Pandora played through the sterio system, etc. Very cool. When sync'd, my Android indicated headphone icon which was different from the earpiece icon for the phone only systems in a couple of my other cars. I noticed my IConnect also had the headphone icon. So I thought cool, a feature I didn't know I had.

So returned from my trip, sync'd up my Android, and nada. No streaming. So I did a Forum search on this subject and only found two threads that didn't really tell me if this is a Jeep system wide (what I'll call) defect or limited to only certain head units and I'm unlucky to have one of them.

Looking for feedback if any of y'all do have bluetooth streaming audio and if so, what head unit you have. And if you have streaming but not running a factory head unit, what head unit you are running.

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The answer is

the 203 head unit out of 2011 and later Jeeps provide for streaming bluetooth. The 2010 and earlier does not. The tip off is the "Disc" button on the 230 head unit. If it says Disc/Aux, you probably have streaming, if Disc only you do not.

Got the answer from the MUCH MUCH more active JeepPatriot web site. Odd that site is so active and this isn't when the only meaningful difference between the patriot and compass is a few body panels.:dunno:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts