My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we bought our 2014 compass used in spring of 18. Got a good deal on it and it only had 36,000 miles on it. Had some dings and scratches on it but nothing bad. I looked the car over good as I use to do body work so I know what to look for. Also had clean carfax. So this spring as I'm washing it I notice the pass quarter is bubbling and the lip is completely gone. Car only had 70,000 miles on it. Yes I live in PA where the winters are harsh on cars but there was not another spot of rust on the car anywhere even underneath. We missed the warranty on rust through by about 4 months. We decided to trade it in on a 2nd gen compass this coming spring. I purchased a set of molded fender flares from ebay to cover the rust. They were only available from a Chinese seller but they came quick and fit was perfect! We ended up finding a 2018 my wife wanted so we traded the 2014 and they never noticed the rust thanks to the flares I put on the day before we traded it. Hate to pass on the problem to someone else but It should have never happened to begin with! Just a little rant for today.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
54 Posts
Keep an eye on your rocker panels on the 2nd gen, mine are full of water:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts