My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dears, I have 09 Jeep Compass with Boston Acoustic, my amplifier was damaged so I replace it with kicker RC5 (Check photos below) amp the connectors are the same but the problem the front right speaker and front dash right speaker not working so may be the PIN are different, please help!

Thanks.

Original AMP

Kicker AMP

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
I hate to say this, but maybe the last amp took out a speaker in the process of failing OR. . the kicker amp might have a bad channel output for that speaker... It's rare but happens

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate to say this, but maybe the last amp took out a speaker in the process of failing OR. . the kicker amp might have a bad channel output for that speaker... It's rare but happens

Thanks for help dear, so it' not compatibility problem, do you have any idea how I can troubleshoot the problem if the problem from the speaker or the amplifier?

·
Registered
29 Posts
easy way would be to take a AA battery in a holder and touch the positive and negative wires to the speaker terminals if it's not a quick pop out with a quiet pop sound then speaker has blown you should be able to smell burnt wires directly from the come if it's a complete blow if it's not a complete blow then it will sound very rough when u touch the battery to the speaker.
or just try to take ur right speaker from the door and try it on the left side but this requires u taking 2 speakers out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts