My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, searched the forum, couldn't find anything on these two topics so I apologize in advance if this has been mentioned before.

1) I am leasing a Jeep Compass 2008 and recently, my dealership told me that I need new front end brakes or they might lock-up. I also went to Midas and they told me the same thing. Problem is, the dealer told me $600 to fix it while Midas told me $450. My issue is, my brakes seem fine to me, that is, they don't grind, they don't make noise and they don't shift my car left or right when I brake. Also, they are perfectly in sync with my foot when I hit the pedal.

Question: Are they ripping me off? If not, does anyone think those prices are too high (ps I live in Canada if wondering what currency)? My lease ends in February 2012, is there even a point in getting them fixed?

2) When I hit the highway, if I step on the gas, it takes it a long time to reach 80km/h (about 10 seconds from 20km/h to 80km/h) and the RPM reader hits about 6 and it stays at 6 for a while (when I'm at cruising speed, it's normally around 3.5).

Question: Does this happen to anyone else?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Why even get a dealer price Chrysler is the biggest stealership there is. GM and other offer brake jobs at 1/3 that. Midas is also a rip of chain.

Take it to an independent garage and have them check the linings (how far they're worn). 1/8" or less and you'd better get them done. Even if its just a set of front pads which run under $50.

As for the RPM. You did not specify your engine or transmission, 4x4 or 2WD. So it depends and why I ask newbies to fill in their signature with the vehicle details.

In my configuration as per below I am at various highway speed all under 2500RPM crusing unless under load or climbing a grade.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts