My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did the front brakes at 67,000 kms. The pads were down to about 1/8 of a inch left on them. I replaced the rotors also as they were almost as cheap to replace as they were to resurface. I bought the parts online here. http://www.primechoiceautoparts.ca/ They ship parts free and for some reason I didn't pay any tax on the parts even though they are a Canadian company.
The prices were so low compared to Canadian Tire that I almost didn't buy because I thought the quality would be crap. I'll find out in a while but right now the brakes are fine and quieter than before.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Anything new should be better then 67K pads, the proof will be with time.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Not a bad deal there, keep us posted on your impression! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I am wondering about my rear brakes. In reverse especially overnight they really creak when touch them backing out in the morning. Little better after they warm up but why so noisy. Even testing the emergency break while move slowly it almost sound like its on steel and they should never wear anyway.

Noisy backing up is that normal on these and require a fix.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am wondering about my rear brakes. In reverse especially overnight they really creak when touch them backing out in the morning. Little better after they warm up but why so noisy. Even testing the emergency break while move slowly it almost sound like its on steel and they should never wear anyway.

Noisy backing up is that normal on these and require a fix.
That may have to do with the caliper pins being installed wrong. There was a TSB out for that problem but with yours a 2009 I would of thought it would of been fixed as the TSB was for 2007's and 2008's. The upper pin was installed were the lower one should of been and visa versa.

·
Registered
126 Posts
IF you get the humidity as much as I do, then the noise is probably the brakes being slightly damp from sitting. I get this on my Vibe as well until they are warmed up from stopping and driving. 1/2 mile run seems to clean it up.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Tsb

That may have to do with the caliper pins being installed wrong. There was a TSB out for that problem but with yours a 2009 I would of thought it would of been fixed as the TSB was for 2007's and 2008's. The upper pin was installed were the lower one should of been and visa versa.
You wouldn't know the number for this issue would you? I might find a website which lists TSB later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts