My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass Limited 2WD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I had great success with Auxito brand LEDs for the rest of my Compass I decided to get a red pair for the brake/tail lights however, the dash said the brake lights and rear indicator lights were out despite the bulbs actually turning on. They also hyper flashed on the dash because of this.

I know the fix is resistors/load equalizers, however I would really prefer to not go that route given they can get really hot and are just another point of failure.

Has anyone successfully upgraded the brake/tail lights to red LEDs without using resistors and getting canbus errors? And if so what LEDs worked, or will I simply have to keep those bulbs as white halogens?

Thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
Not yet... I got them to not code with resistors. The problem was they didn't work right. They wouldn't stay on for night time but they flashed correctly. I also tired like a turn signal ones that were amber that I have in the front and it didn't work that way as well. So I have halogens in my tail lights but LEDs everywhere else.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I haven't tried this myself but I am pretty sure you can simply change the bulb type in the car configuration to avoid that error if you have AlfaOBD or similar. Potentially the dealership could change this setting too with their tools I assume.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I haven't tried this myself but I am pretty sure you can simply change the bulb type in the car configuration to avoid that error if you have AlfaOBD or similar. Potentially the dealership could change this setting too with their tools I assume.

Very interesting, I have never used an OBD programmer but would definitely invest if this can fix the LED canbus issues. I have replaced all my non-canbus lights with LEDS and would love to replace all of them if there was a fix without using load resistors.

I have other projects taking up all my time, but am looking forward to seeing someone report back after trying this! Could be a game changer.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4
3 Posts
I have these in mine, the whole Jeep has been converted to LEDs & have not had one issue with these as brake lights

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4
3 Posts
How long have you had them? I saw reviews of people having them burn up from getting to hot and damaging their car
I've had them since i bought the car so about 3 months now

Edit: I also have them in my 05 Z, & had those for over a year

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just
I have these in mine, the whole Jeep has been converted to LEDs & have not had one issue with these as brake lights View attachment 14395
Just received these today and installed. They work, and look great! With no hyper flash and "bulb out" messages, like mentioned by AN93.

I managed to get a few bucks off also, since they were "used" on Amazon............the box had a dent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts