My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The plastic panel on the drivers seat side of my one-year-old Compass is broken away. I’m told it’s not covered by the warranty as it’s a “breakage” not a factory defect.
This is blatantly untrue as I have seen a number of people around the world complaining about the same issue - and with other Jeep models not just the Compass. It’s obvious a factory defect.
Jeep owners - if you have the same issue keep on Jeep’s case so they finally admit it’s a factory defect.
Jeep - do the right thing and admit it’s an issue and fix this problem!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I've read one or two posts about this but mine has never broken. Nobody has ever posted a picture of this breakage, would be curious to see.

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same issue twice. The original panel cracked in the middle, and then the plastic loop that connects it to the seat frame snapped. It lasted 3 years (crack started in year 2). The replacement panel (loop) failed again after a matter of months.

Service manager told me FCA told him they would no longer reimburse him for those warranty repairs (because there were too many). They told him to tell customers not to slide into the seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts