My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I use my jeep for a work vehicle. I am a contractor (landscaping, concrete, carpentry, roofing, etc) and for smaller jobs I take it out instead of my truck. 24mgp with a 4x6 trailer is a lot better than 15mpg with the truck. Ok to get to my point, my jeep gets beat up a lot and I've cracked the front bumper twice (well once was my brother borrowing it) and I was wondering If anyone knew of somewhere to get a front brush guard or bull bar. I went to a trailer and truck aftermarket shop and they wanted 500 for a bull bar :shock: . I don't really care if it looks dump or not I just don't want to keep fixing the darn thing and make it a little more rugged. I bought it because I needed an everyday vehicle and it seemed like the most rugged small suv out there. And yes, I absolutely love the hard plastic in it, soooo easy to clean.

Thanks Guys :)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I doubt you're going to find much under the front strong enough to mount it. Best you might come up with is a light bar. Hunting around the bar OEM Westin & others for one might come up with something. Otherwise you'd have to make one up. But mounting will be the biggest challenge.

What are you encountering that cracking the front plastic on you.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
That's what I'm wondering, too, other than your brother lol, what cracked your bumper? I have to agree, though, best bet would be a light bar or a custom fab.

- Cherokee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts