My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Finally got my Compass yesterday and I LOVE it, but........... I noticed the black sticker part on the side where the back door handles are, is bubbling in a couple spots. Has anyone else had this happen? I think I'm gonna bring it to the dealer to fix. :(

·
Registered
656 Posts
Congrats! :D Paint bubble??? :shock: Sorry to hear you have a concern and wait to hear the outcome. . I got the call Tuesday finally that she was in. They are doing the paint protection, rustproofing and Sherlock engraving now. I should have my Compass tomorrow(better have it tomorrow) Good luck and happy motoring.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes. If you are talking about the black strip along the door. Not really paint, but Sticker bubble. I have the same problem. I really haven't taken the time to complain about it yet. It's next on my list when I have some free time.

Let me know what the dealer does about it, maybe I can suggest the same to mine.

·
Registered
362 Posts
That hasn't happened to mine. Since it's so new, I'm sure the dealer will fix it. You/they should be able to put a pinhole in the bubble and squeeze the air out. They're unlikely to actually replace the sticker.

·
Registered
656 Posts
mcatenacci said:
Hey everyone!

Finally got my Compass yesterday and I LOVE it, but........... I noticed the black sticker part on the side where the back door handles are, is bubbling in a couple spots. Has anyone else had this happen? I think I'm gonna bring it to the dealer to fix. :(
Finally got my Compass yesterday and I LOVE it too . . . I remarked that I did not realize before that this was adhesivly covered :eek: and asked "what if it starts to bubble or lift off? answer was oh come right in and we'll fix it, had not had any complaints about it" . . . but I wonder about it's lasting years and years :?:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well congrats on finally getting your Compass too! :) I couldn't be happier with it.

I am concerned about the long term with that sticker thing though :S I didn't notice it was a sticker until I went to pick it up.

My dad said to poke a small hole in it too, not sure if that's a good idea, but it would save me a trip to the dealer. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Let the dealer do it, if you poke a hole then they could somehow blame it on you. Mine is a different situation of bubbling. Theres more of like a bubbled crease, so in order to fix it I would think it needs to be cut and then realigned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts