My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats going on everybody, new to this forum, and to the Compass.

After getting T-Boned in my Ford Explorer sport, I thought it would be a good idea to down grade to a compact SUV, since the 99' Explorer consumed more gas than a modern full-fized truck, hated the CRV, Rav4, but liked the Outlander but not it's price. So I went for the Compass. Got an 07', with very low KM, with 4x4 and all the features except leather. I need the 4x4 becasue I live in the Ontario snow belt, and don't really like being hassled when I need to go out or work because of the weather. The compass isn't as good as the explorer was in the snow, but for the money I save on gas it's worth driving about 10 km slower.

I actually like the plastic interior of it cause its ridiculously easy to clean, and I can make it look brand new with one wipe, so regardless of reviews I liked it. :dunno:

All this is besides the point, so I ****ed my bumper up on the wall of my work( I used to park the Explorer dead beside it, while going in reverse, and got very good at this) So like third time in, I ****ing take off like a moron; as I did in the Ford, and just BARELY scrap the front right side of my bumper.

I went and sanded it down, researched online, and did a decent job, however there is a defined outline around my paint job, where I taped, and I feel I just need to paint the entire bumper now. I'm too cheap to get the botch job fixed on my own, and I only tried to repair the scratches myself(which I did do) so I could learn, which I did. I bought the Epoxy sandable primer, flex agent, clear coat, ordered my PS2 Chyrsler paint, which matched.

However I think the paint was meant for metal becasue it matches the metal more than the bumper, and I've noticed the bumper is a tad Lighter than the rest of my body, so I thought ainting it would be alright.

ALL I need to know after this long winded intro of me and my problem with my compass is HOW do you remove the bumper.

I have found much on how to do it for the Patriot but **** all for the Compass.

So does anyone know how or has actually done this successfully, and gotten the bumper back properly on.

I really don't want to paint it while its on the body, the wrap job of everything will take forever, and I dont wanna **** up and paint something not meant to be painted.

Any help, and Bon Jovi from Canada:canada:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Whats going on everybody, new to this forum, and to the Compass.

After getting T-Boned in my Ford Explorer sport, I thought it would be a good idea to down grade to a compact SUV, since the 99' Explorer consumed more gas than a modern full-fized truck, hated the CRV, Rav4, but liked the Outlander but not it's price. So I went for the Compass. Got an 07', with very low KM, with 4x4 and all the features except leather. I need the 4x4 becasue I live in the Ontario snow belt, and don't really like being hassled when I need to go out or work because of the weather. The compass isn't as good as the explorer was in the snow, but for the money I save on gas it's worth driving about 10 km slower.

I actually like the plastic interior of it cause its ridiculously easy to clean, and I can make it look brand new with one wipe, so regardless of reviews I liked it. :dunno:

All this is besides the point, so I ****ed my bumper up on the wall of my work( I used to park the Explorer dead beside it, while going in reverse, and got very good at this) So like third time in, I ****ing take off like a moron; as I did in the Ford, and just BARELY scrap the front right side of my bumper.

I went and sanded it down, researched online, and did a decent job, however there is a defined outline around my paint job, where I taped, and I feel I just need to paint the entire bumper now. I'm too cheap to get the botch job fixed on my own, and I only tried to repair the scratches myself(which I did do) so I could learn, which I did. I bought the Epoxy sandable primer, flex agent, clear coat, ordered my PS2 Chyrsler paint, which matched.

However I think the paint was meant for metal becasue it matches the metal more than the bumper, and I've noticed the bumper is a tad Lighter than the rest of my body, so I thought ainting it would be alright.

ALL I need to know after this long winded intro of me and my problem with my compass is HOW do you remove the bumper.

I have found much on how to do it for the Patriot but **** all for the Compass.

So does anyone know how or has actually done this successfully, and gotten the bumper back properly on.

I really don't want to paint it while its on the body, the wrap job of everything will take forever, and I dont wanna **** up and paint something not meant to be painted.

Any help, and Bon Jovi from Canada:canada:
Welcome AAAOP!

Sorry to hear about your bumper.:( I have a 2011 and I have not had a chance to take the bumper off yet, so I can't help you, but perhaps some of the seasoned pros on here can help when they come across this thread.

Hope you get it figured out and hope you post some :pics: soon of your Compass!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts