My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am buying a 2013 compass latitude car has 21800 miles seems very clean im coming out of a 2004 grand cherokee looking for any advice on the vehicle or the change over

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a 2014 and I love it. Its a bit smaller than the grand I had an 02 Grand and loved it but I think the compass handles better and I get way better mpg in the compass u cant pull as much as u can on the Grand and in comfort its snug but comfy I'm 6'1" I got plenty of leg room and my family my wife and nephew and niece that I have all the time they have plenty of room as well but cargo space is cut a lot to but seat can fold to opens up alot

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input i'm looking forward to getting my car next wednesday i'll keep you posted

·
Registered
286 Posts
ill look forward to it the only thing about the compass that I wish someone could fix is coming out with a higher lift than 2-1/8" that could really help with the clearance for off roading I like to do simple trailing when I go fishing and hiking but I can go most of any place as long as it aint crazy lol

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I had an 02 GC and the Compass is nothing even close to it. It struggles to get 4mpg better than the Cherokee on the highway. Its not a robust design nor durable. No way it can even approach half the towing of the GC. LOL You must be joking and even at half you won't get it stopped as the brakes aren't good enough. You have to ride real hard with its basic towing load of 1000-1500lbs. You have to leave a huge stopping distance if you don't want a heart attack.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I haul around my camper its around 2000 pounds I got the engine cooler so it raises my limit and I upgraded my brakes to a way better set was bit more pricey but I will say the stock ones are a joke this why I changed them but with the new ones ive had to slam on my brakes going down steep hills here in Alaska hauling it cause a few moose want to walk on the road while I'm going 45mph-50mph down a pretty steep hill

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I haul around my camper its around 2000 pounds I got the engine cooler so it raises my limit and I upgraded my brakes to a way better set was bit more pricey but I will say the stock ones are a joke this why I changed them but with the new ones ive had to slam on my brakes going down steep hills here in Alaska hauling it cause a few moose want to walk on the road while I'm going 45mph-50mph down a pretty steep hill
OK, well you more than likely feel the difference in the brakes then. The OEM are very poor. In your climate I don't think the cooler was necessary since it is a Engine oil cooler and running a quality Synthetic oil will handle and high temperature or addition stresses better than the dino oil. Even so its shouldn't get beyond spec's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts