My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going in tomorrow to test drive a new Compass. The number of reliability issues I am reading on this forum makes me think twice about that. I just sold my 1998 jeep wrangler a few months ago and I had it for a near trouble-free 15 years. Just a couple of minor issues. I was looking forward to another long relationship with the Compass. Sometimes it is hard to get an idea of how widespread these issues are. Is it every vehicle or every ten, or one in a thousand? Doe anyone know what percentage of new Compass vehicles have more than just minor problems? I wonder if they will have worked out these bugs by the time the 2019 model comes out? Or would you recommend I buy another make/model vehicle?

·
Registered
68 Posts
tough question because to be honest whenever something "new" comes out you never really know how it will do until it has time in the saddle.

I can say that our new to us 2017 Compass is performing well. The 2018 Compass's I saw at the lot look solid. In reading up recently a lot of "issues" seemed tied to things like the older CVT transmission, some quirky issues with software with the 9sp Auto transmission, and some corrosion issues with 2007ish? models that I would hope by now are history.

At the end of the day unless you "wait" until something is proven you kind of have to do your due diligence, examine, and test drive and see if you are happy.

Many owners here are happy, and a few are not (there is a do you regret thread)

good luck in your shopping and I hope you find what is right for you!

·
Registered
136 Posts
So far the Jeep has been good to me. Also realize that looking on the internet is going to give you a bias perspective on "issues". Most people who own a vehicle with no problems aren't going to seek out an internet forum. If you do have problems you're more likely to seek out an internet forum, to see if others are having the same issue.

I'd say best idea is make a budget, put together a "wish list" of options. Find the cars that are within that budget and have those options, and go for some test drives.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts